Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Great Unknown


God has stretched us throughout this adoption process, but He has also blessed us more than we could have imagined. I wanted to give just one example of both.

At times, we still find ourselves tempted to think about how happy we are already. Adding another child (potentially with special needs) would change things a lot. This is God's calling on our lives, so in the midst of these doubts and selfish thoughts, we press on: doing what's right because we know its right, until it feels right.

Since we began this process of adoption, we've been blessed in so many ways. This is just one of them: We have developed several deep friendships since this adoption process began. I shudder to think of not having these friendships. Had we just remained comfortable, we wouldn't have such blessings.

I want to encourage those who are called by God to do something out of your ordinary: there are unknown blessings ahead. Its natural to fear the unknown. I just pray we all don't allow it to keep us from those unknown blessings. Please pray that for our family as we continue this journey of adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment